Essential Productivity Apps for Any Student:
- Caffeine - Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux - If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist.)
- Focusbar - The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office - Self-explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag - Does your 5-minute study break keep turning into an hour on YouTube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control - Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero - The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
This pretty much sums up why those three are my favourite human beings on Earth.
You have one hour to stop that immediately.
john winchester: father of the year
I DONT EVEN SUPERNATURAL THIS JUST MADE ME LAUGH
I DONT EVEN SUPERNATURAL
It’s a verb now
#sassy gay trickster
it’s funny because you don’t know if that tag is about dean or gabriel
I should NOT be laughing that hard.
I’m always OK until I read the Slytherin one and then I start laughing.
Pencil Drawing of Dan and Phil
reblog so they see it please ily all
If the thought of a musical episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn’t fill you with giggling, anticipatory glee, then I’m not sure I know what to do with you.
IS IT SAD THAT THESE GIFS REPRESENT ALL OF MY MOST LOVED FANDOMS?
you know you doing good when
Why is this so awesome?
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THAT POPCORN? IS THAT CHEESE?
You put melted butter on popcorn?
yes. welcome to the new age.
This legitimately upsets me.
… Y’see, now, y’see, I’m looking at this, thinking, squares fit together better than circles, so, say, if you wanted a box of donuts, a full box, you could probably fit more square donuts in than circle donuts if the circumference of the circle touched the each of the corners of the square donut.
So you might end up with more donuts.
But then I also think… Does the square or round donut have a greater donut volume? Is the number of donuts better than the entire donut mass as a whole?
A round donut with radius R1 occupies the same space as a square donut with side 2R1. If the center circle of a round donut has a radius R2 and the hole of a square donut has a side 2R2, then the area of a round donut is πR12 - πr22. The area of a square donut would be then 4R12 - 4R22. This doesn’t say much, but in general and throwing numbers, a full box of square donuts has more donut per donut than a full box of round donuts.
The interesting thing is knowing exactly how much more donut per donut we have. Assuming first a small center hole (R2 = R1/4) and replacing in the proper expressions, we have a 27,6% more donut in the square one (Round: 15πR12/16 ≃ 2,94R12, square: 15R12/4 = 3,75R12). Now, assuming a large center hole (R2 = 3R1/4) we have a 27,7% more donut in the square one (Round: 7πR12/16 ≃ 1,37R12, square: 7R12/4 = 1,75R12). This tells us that, approximately, we’ll have a 27% bigger donut if it’s square than if it’s round.
tl;dr: Square donuts have a 27% more donut per donut in the same space as a round one.
god i love this site
can’t argue with science. Heretofore, I want my donuts square.
more donut per donut
But then if you’re able to fit more donuts in a box wouldn’t it be harder to grab a donut out because they fit so well next to each other
You can grab them from the hole in the middle.
But is anyone thinking about the cube shaped donut holes
Guys Minecraft irl
#the most horribly beautiful thing in the entire world #This transition is seriously Oscar worthy #because you can see the split SECOND that Jimmy becomes Cas #the way that his eyes adjust and he learns how to breathe in gif one #the feel of using his motor functions in gif 2 #Cas is learning what babies do in 10 years #in 10 seconds #but what gets me the most #THE ABSOLUTE MOST #is the unfiltered wonder in Cas’ face in the first gif #This is an angel that spent all these years wondering what humanity was like #what it’s like to be in the shoes of god’s favorite creation #his senses are magnified and he’s suddenly in this 170 pound bag of meat essentially #it’s … stunning #I AM SO EMOTIONAL OVER CAS AND ANGELS AND JIMMY AND /EVERYTHING/ #I love you so muuUuuUuUuuUUCH #my sweet prince
And here he is before his haircut.
He is evolving…
Have you ever been so mad you learned how to walk